Parent’s terrible decision: Forced to pull the plug on 13-year-old daughter after sleepover terror.

Speaking with a mother and father who had been forced to make the agonizing decision to take the life of the young child they had given birth to just 13 years before, Australian Ally Langdon could not hide her sadness.

The mother-of-two Langdon attempted to hold back her tears as she watched the little girl pass away from the chroming craze that had become widespread.

Andrea and Paul Haynes discussed on A Current Affair with host Ally Langdon how their 13-year-old daughter Esra Haynes died as a result of engaging in the risky chemical inhalation craze known as “chroming,” which is well-liked on social media.

Esra was a young athlete who co-captained the Montrose Football Netball Club, raced BMX bikes with her brothers, and her teammates called her “talented, determined, fun, and cheeky.” In Queensland, Esra also guided her team to a national title in aerobics.

On March 31, Esra went to a friend’s house for a sleepover and inhaled an aerosol deodorant can in an attempt to get a fatal high. She experienced cardiac arrest and irreversible brain damage as a result.

In the interview, her mother Andrea said to Langdon, “It was just the regular routine of going to hang out with her mates.” “We always knew where she was and we knew who she was with,” her father Paul continued. It wasn’t an unusual occurrence.We regretfully received the call, which said, “Come and get your daughter,” at that time of night. It was one of the calls that no parent ever likes to receive.

“But after inhaling deodorant, her body was actually starting to shut down, she was in cardiac arrest, and no one at the sleepover used cardiac arrest,” says Langdon, of Esra’s companions, who thought she was having a panic attack.

When Andrea arrived at Esra’s side to assist with her resuscitation, the paramedics told her mother—who had never heard of chroming before—that her daughter had been having seizures.

Esra was taken to the hospital by ambulance, thinking their little girl would recover completely. She did have a strong heart and lungs, so maybe she would make it through.

After eight days on life support, Paul and Andrea decided to switch off the machine since Esra’s brain injury was “beyond repair.” Her parents, unable to speak, recalled their darkest day and revealed the agony of killing their daughter.

When asked to arrange for loved ones to say their last goodbyes at the hospital, Esra’s father responded, “It was a very, very difficult thing to do to such a young soul.” We lay with her when she was placed on a bed. We gave her love to the last end.

The parents’ anguish caused Langdon, a mother of two little children, to lose control of her emotions and begin crying. Paul says that Imogen, Seth, and Charlie are “shattered” and the whole family is “broken” after Esra’s death in the first week of April.

Paul remarked, “It was really devastating—devastating for all of us involved, including her friends.” It’s been the most trying and painful period of time that any parent could experience. We aren’t the same people we used to be since we haven’t been eating, sleeping, or smiling.But the community has also been impacted, not just us.

Paul and his wife are now on a mission to spread awareness of the deadly viral trend known as “chroming,” which they had never heard of before it killed their daughter. It can be easily done with store-bought materials like deodorant, paint, hairspray, or even permanent markers. Teenagers are increasingly embracing this trend.

Paul apologized for not knowing about chroming when Esra was still alive and perhaps warning her of the risks in an interview with a local news source: “We definitely would have had the conversation around our kitchen table if we had been informed and the word had been spread.”

“We need to step it up and give these kids the information directly, without the help of friends or social media, so they can receive the best advice right away.”

Paul hopes to enlighten parents so they might perhaps save or improve the lives of their children. their progeny.

“(Parents) should sit down and talk to their kids, starting a conversation with them at a gentle pace. Without a doubt, we had no idea what was happening.

The concerning chroming trend has resulted in numerous child deaths in Australia and other areas of the world since 2009. Young people sometimes turn to chroming as a quick fix, but it can cause organ failure, seizures, heart attacks, asphyxia, and rapid smelling death.

Paul said to Langdon, “You know, we have images in our minds of what we were faced with that will never be removed.” “Our stomach was torn out.”

The terrible decision a family must make to take their small child off life support is beyond our comprehension. We are praying and thinking of the Haynes family and all of Esra’s loved ones.

By telling everyone you know about this horrific trend, you can potentially help parents save their children’s lives by educating them about the risks involved.

Leave a Comment